Affordable housing in London
The majority of new residential developments require an affordable housing expert. Our team advises clients on every phase of the development process, from beginning to completion.
CBRE’s Affordable Housing team provide our clients with viability assessments in support of planning applications, negotiate agreements on their behalf, and value engineer schemes to maximize their development potential. In the planning process, it can be a huge advantage to have an affordable housing Registered Provider partner to deliver an affordable housing obligation.
Using our network of industry contacts and relationships, we are able to introduce an affordable housing development partner identified, to add value and improve the deliverability of the client’s scheme. A significant proportion of the total value of a completed development comes from the affordable housing element. Factors including the level of capital receipts generated, efficient design and the timing of payments can combine to impact the overall financial viability of a development. We ensure these factors are considered and if required, the best affordable housing partner for our client’s development is secured, to maximize the value and salability of their project.
We know that when dealing with complex negotiations, our client’s need an expert on their side. We offer independent expert advice that is tailored to suit client’s needs. Our approach is to create a win-win solution for all parties involved.
Our services and areas of expertise:
- Affordable housing pricing.
- Design recommendations and review.
- Advising on the optimum tenure mix.
- Sale of on-site affordable housing.
- Finding suitable affordable donor sites.
- Sourcing Registered Providers.
- Facilitating Joint Venture partnerships with Registered Providers.
- Development agreements and other contract negotiations.
- Development project management and cost reviews.
- Advice for planning policy, statements and associated reports.
- Viability reports and negotiations to support planning applications.
- Affordable housing statements.
- Pre and Post planning viability reviews.
- Overall scheme development viability and affordable housing solutions.