Lettings Market Update 2021
New research from global real estate advisor, CBRE, has shown extraordinary levels of demand in the London residential lettings market since lockdown restrictions were lifted in July 2021.
Why Buy to Let now?
Due to stock shortages and increasing demand, we expect rents to remain robust and continue to grow, and for void periods to continue to decrease.
- We have seen an increase of 773% in registered applicants in September 2021 compared to September 2020
- An increase of 227% in registered applicant in August 2021 compared to August 2020
- 90% fall in supply due to high demand and deals made
- We have forecasted London rents to rise by 3.6% in 2022 and by 13.6% over the next 5 years
- Data shows that 80–95% of our tenants are currently international students, depending on location. More international students are expected to return to London
- In Nine Elms, 15% of their applicants are relocation agents placing professional to work in finance in London
With a wide variety of property for sale across London, buyers have more choice than ever to invest in the residential market. If you're thinking of buying to let, read our latest report that covers market updates, tenant demographics & requirements, forecast and more.