Click here to browse our available properties
Important legislation change affecting all landlords from 1st October 2015
It's been confirmed in the last few days that The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015 will come into force from 1st October 2015. It stipulates that:
1. A smoke alarm is equipped on each story of the premises which is wholly or partly used as living accommodation;
2. A carbon monoxide alarm is equipped in any room which is used wholly or partly as living accommodation and contains a solid fuel burning combustion appliance; and
3. The smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are in proper working order at the start of any new tenancy.
1. A local housing authority will serve a remedial notice on a relevant landlord, where they have reasonable grounds to believe the landlord has not complied with any one of the three duties set out above.
2. If a landlord fails to comply with the remedial notice within 28 days of the notice being served, local housing authorities will impose a civil penalty charge of up to £5000 on landlords who are in breach of their duty to comply with the remedial notice.
Our response to this is robust and we will ensure all properties let through CBRE have these in place; safety and compliance are our priority and we will further make sure a Carbon Monoxide alarm is installed where a gas boiler is present also, as we foresee the legislation being amended shortly to include this.
If you have any questions, please contact Sophie Danes: [email protected]